Krishi Vigyan Kendra Sakoli, District Bhandara was established in March 2002 under the administrative control of Dr.Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidypeeth, Akola. The office of KVK is located at Sakoli on Lakhandur road and is 45 Km away from Bhnadara city. The total land of KVK is 17.30 ha.
KVK, is an integral part of the National Agricultural Research System (NARS), aims at assessment of location specific technology modules in agriculture and allied enterprises, through technology assessment, refinement and demonstrations. KVKs have been functioning as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technology supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district and are linking the NARS with extension system and farmers.
KVK System: Mandate and Activities
The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development.
To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK
- On-Farm Testing (OFT) to assess the location specific of agricultural technology under various framing system.
- Front line Demonstration (FLD) to establish production potential of technology on the farmer’s field.
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skill on modern agricultural technologies.
- To work as knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers.